Tuesday 13 April 2010

Charity Shoppe Flip House Vinyl Mix by John & On

I was about to say, "it's been a while since I've put up a post", but let's be honest, it's been bloody ages. Anyway, if for no reason other than to put a stop to Nasty's not-so-subtle jibes about when my next post is coming, here is a short mix I've done featuring some (but not all) of the best tunes you are likely to hear us play at our Dalston Superstore party this Fri.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It's a 40 min hip-house / 80's dance mix done live on 1210's with a very shoddy mixer, even shoddier headphones and a neighbour banging on their ceiling. Of course, in strict accordance with the manifesto, all records cost no more than £2 and come from charity shops and flea markets. I've got to say it's not exactly a seamless beat-perfect mix (a long way from it in fact) but it makes a nice antidote to all the soulless Ableton mixes floating around the internet. Plus... I couldn't be bothered to spend to do a million takes getting it exactly right as I had a scallop pad thai to cook. Yum...


Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zd5yzzdzjhi


Stream / Tracklist:


No comments:

Post a Comment